Friday, September 12, 2008

Sleepless in Tabgha


Me frolicking in the Mediterranean at Nahariya (Leither's digital camera can go underwater up to 30 feet)











Mediterranean and me













The floor of the Church of the Multiplication of Loaves and Fish is all mosaic. Imagine covering two basket ball floors in tiles 1cm by 1cm. Over half of the floor has been redone but here under the altar are original tiles (fish and loaf of bread on each side of the basket).








This is a view out from the Fortress of Yehiam.















More original mosaic tile from Church of the Multiplication...










On Tuesday morning I tried to stay up to watch the Vikings on Monday Night Football. It started at 2am here and didn’t end until 5:30 am. I never thought it would be a chore to watch MNF, I couldn’t watch or even listen to the game (I would’ve loved Paul Allen on the radio) I had to look at the stats as they were updated and it was all in vain; the Vikes lost. That night the three zivis, two Americans, and Fr. Basilius played a game of good old-fashioned Monopoly (in German). Playing it brought back memories of times that I played with my family and how I usually ended up crying when I lost, which was how most family games ended for me growing up, I hate losing. We started the game at about 9:30pm and did not end until 12:45pm with the final two players the good Father and myself. Well I will tell you NEVER play a game with a monk for two reasons: he’s got God on his side (I’m telling you I couldn’t catch a break) and you can’t successfully trash talk back and forth (I didn’t try, but I sure thought about it). This game did not end up in me crying, I was so tired from little sleep that I was glad I lost so I could go to bed.

No comments: