Sunday, September 14, 2008

More pics

These are ruins of Capernaum houses. My room at home is bigger than any of these foundations.












This is the Greek Othodox Church at Capernaum. It rivals the Catholic Church of St. Peter just 50 yards away. Every Sunday each church sings as loud as they can to drow out the other, only kidding.









Found these men on the shore of the Galilee and asked them if I could photograph them, they were drinking beer and eating watermelon chilled by the waterfall. This is a 3 minute walk from where I live and no significant religious association I can taint, take a wild guess what I'm doing next Sunday.







This is one of the 8 carvings on the inside of Primacy of St. Peter (Church of St. Peter in Capernaum). It is a raised octagon church built on the remains of Peter's house and all 8 carvings are intricate and huge.















Here is a vine/tree tunnel at the Greek Ortho Church. I just liked how dark and cool it was to stand in. The leaves of the plants had a smoothing fresh smell that was enticing, I don't think it was anything illegal.

No comments: