Monday, September 8, 2008

Pictures

Well I figured out how to post pictures on my blog (took long enough huh) because Facebook and Snapfish were giving me trouble (yeah I have a college degree). Only enough size for 5 or 6 so I will continue to post them here. I have lots more that will come in time.

These are flowers on the driveway into Capernaum (where Jesus spent most adult years)
Here is a picture into the courtyard of the Church of the Multiplication of Loaves and Fish here in Tabgha. It is beautiful to see every morning.
This is the ceiling of the Dormition Church in Jerusalem. This is another grand Church in a "haystack" of grand religious buildings in Jerusalem.
This is from the crypt at Dormition. The figure is Mary and it is a work of art. So much effort was put into its creation. When I first arrived in Israel in August we went to Jerusalem for the Assumption of Mary and walking down into the crypt in complete darkness with only a few people holding candles to see I was in utter terror initially when I saw the figure faintly visible by the candles.

No comments: