Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Walk of life

Last week a group of children from Bethlehem came and stayed for about a week. This was a fascinating group: their supervisor was an older blind woman, the children themselves varied in disabilities from blindness to developmental issues, the children and their leader were extremely outgoing. Whenever we were working in the vicinity of them the children would always walk over and watch us or ask questions. They were a special group of kids.

The most captivating aspect of this group was watching the children with impaired sight go about their normal lives. The group chaperons would point them in the right direction and the kids would be on their way. I was mesmerized by their agility, feeling, and courage. I thought to myself as I watched them you can’t be afraid to fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great thought! Indeed, we cannot be afraid to fall. Perfect love casts out all fear. I wish I would have said that - but St. Paul did. Thanks so much Mike for sharing your thoughts & feelings not only about the exterior, but also the interior journey.